♥♥ When two Cultures mixed (。◕‿◕。) Everything in my Page are only simple thing, but I did it with great love.

KUE KERING KACANG / INDONESIAN PEANUT COOKIES

Resep dalam bhs İndonesia klik disini




Merhaba From Türkiye 👋


First, I'd like to thank you for visiting my blog. Please come back, again and again, to check up on anything beyond Indonesian or Turkish food or something sweet you might love. Your comments and emails brighten my days and make this simple blog thing worthwhile 😍💛 

And make sure you subscribe to my Youtube channel and turn on the bell sign to get more video recipes.

KUE KERİNG KACANG / INDONESİAN PEANUT COOKİES. #kuekeringlebaran #chrismastcookies #peanutcookies  #kuekeringkacang #Indonesiancookies


This Peanut cookie is one of many other İndonesian old traditional cookies. İ grew up with these cookies. İ remember having these cookies every Eid Fitr holiday when my late grandmother or my family took me and siblings visited some relatives and family's friend.
At that time (around 1980's) we still could find this peanut cookie easily, at least every Eid Fitr or Christmas holiday. Until İ think around the middle 1990's it became less popular among other classic cookies (kaastengels, nastar, butter cookies, etc).

Even it became less popular compare to other classic and modern cookies, still, some small stalls sold this peanut cookie until İ didn't remember exactly when it became less and less to find especially in big cities.

İ left my homeland Surabaya around the year 2000 and started my new academic career in Jakarta and since then İ never ate or saw those cookies anymore until now year 2017 😢
But İ still remembers exactly how it tastes and İ miss it now.


KUE KERİNG KACANG / INDONESİAN PEANUT COOKİES. #kuekeringlebaran #chrismastcookies #peanutcookies  #kuekeringkacang #Indonesiancookies
Such a happy moment when I found this recipe and tried it in my kitchen. İ found the recipe from one İndonesian food blogger. And now become my precious one.

This peanut cookie has a crumble texture and melts in your mouth, typical indeed for this cookie. So you need to make sure the cookie is really cool to room temperature before moving it into a cookie jar.
Almond slice topping is optional, as İ remember old fashioned peanut cookies didn't use any topping. 

KUE KERİNG KACANG / INDONESİAN PEANUT COOKİES. #kuekeringlebaran #chrismastcookies #peanutcookies  #kuekeringkacang #Indonesiancookies

Keep this recipe for your cookies collection, it's priceless and worth trying.

KUE KERİNG KACANG / INDONESİAN PEANUT COOKİES


Make about 900 gr 
İngredients:
  • 400 gr AP flour
  • 250 gr pre-toasted peanut - skin removed
  • 150 gr icing sugar
  • 2 tbsp powdered milk 
  • 1 tsp fine salt
  • ¼ tsp powdered vanilla ( I use vanilla paste)
  • 200 gr cooking oil ( I use peanut oil ± 230 gr, more than the original recipe )
For topping:
  • 2 egg yolks
  • 1 Tbsp margarine ( İ use 2 tbsp oil)
  • almond slice / roasted peanut (optional)
Method :

1) Preheat oven at 160°C and roast peanut for about 15 minutes. This step is optional because the original recipe didn't mention to reroasted the peanut but I like to bring my peanut back "alive" again and aromatic.

2) Pour roasted peanut with half part of icing sugar into a food processor and pulse until powdery smooth (as figure A below)



3) Move ground peanuts into a big bowl and add other ingredients except for oil. Then gradually pour in peanut oil bit by bit. Mix and try to knead while adding the oil until you get oily and shape-able dough. The amount of oil can be varied depending on your dough condition, you may need less or more than the recipe above. The important thing is your dough should be not dry and shape-able (See illustration B above). Cover with plastic wrap and keep in refrigerator ±1 hour.

4) Preheat oven at 140°C (fan) or 160°C --original recipe calls for 170°C--depend on your own oven. Use a rolling pin to flat the cookie dough. Put the dough between plastic film or parchment paper when you work. Roll approximately 1,5- 2 cm thick.
Cut the dough using heart shape cookie cutter, of course, you can use other shapes but traditionally heart or flower shape is common for these peanut cookies.

5) Mix egg yolks with oil. Arrange cookies on baking tray lined with baking paper and brush with yolks mixture then sprinkle with almond slice-gently push the almond so it will stick onto cookies. Bake for about 30 to 40 minute until golden color and crunchy. 
Note: recognize your own oven condition, different oven may give different result.
Let the cookies cool to room temperature before store into air tight jar. Cookie has lightly crumble so gently to move into jar.

Happy baking ♡


Let's befriend at Instagram; @citra_homediary
If you're making this recipe, please let me know. 
Use hashtag #citrashomediary_recipe and tag me 😊 Send me some love 💚


⇓ ⇓ ⇓ ⇓ ⇓ PIN THIS FOR LATER ⇓ ⇓ ⇓ ⇓ ⇓
KUE KERİNG KACANG / INDONESİAN PEANUT COOKİES. #kuekeringlebaran #chrismastcookies #peanutcookies  #kuekeringkacang #Indonesiancookies




*********************************************************************************

Check my other recipe:


My Kid's Favorite Chocolate Cookies

Melt in your mouth Peanut butter #cookies / Kue kering selai kacang (putih telur)

Gingersnap cookies








loading...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loving my blog? Please help me to share to your friends and tell to the world that my blog contents are valuable and interesting to visit. Subscribe or follow my Facebook, Tweeter, Pinterest or my instagram

My License

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License. www.myhomediaryinturkey.blogspot.com

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected