♥♥ When two Cultures mixed (。◕‿◕。) Everything in my Page are only simple thing, but I did it with great love.

Matcha (Green tea) angel food cake recipe / Resep Matcha Angel food (cake dari putih telur)

Resep dalam bahasa Indonesia ada dibagian bawah











Merhaba From Türkiye 👋


First, I'd like to thank you for visiting my blog. Please come back, again and again, to check up on anything beyond Indonesian or Turkish food or something sweet you might love. Your comments and emails brighten my days and make this simple blog thing worthwhile 😍💛 

And make sure you subscribe to my Youtube channel and turn on the bell sign to get more video recipes.









Selam everybody..... Merhaba from Turkey.

Do you like baking? Or do you always have some leftover egg white on the fridge? That's me. And more especially days start cold like nowadays, when I cook creamy soup to warm up our family dinner table, I use mostly yolks on my soup. Check my "soup" category to see our soup menus.

And since I always have one or two jars of leftover egg white on my fridge,I have many recipe using leftover egg whites. Start from macarons and some cakes. Check my zebra steamed cake or other cake recipes using only egg white here. And this angel food cake was on my baking list for some time. 

I love baking with matcha/ green tea. Beside the taste which I like, I'm also enjoying during baking time, my house will  full of fragrant aroma from the green tea. Not yet mention about it benefit. 

So today I bake Matcha angel food cake for our tea/ coffee time at home. Well... actually I wanna make classic white angel cake, but these days I'm enjoying matcha in any ways, baking or just simple make it latte.



The recipe slightly I adapted from taste of home with my adjustment using matcha / green tea. The original recipe was chocolate angel food cake.

Make 9" or 10 " tube pan
Yield: 12-16 servings.
Ingredients
  • 1½ cups (364 gr) egg whites (about 10) ~ I use leftover egg white
  • 1½ cups (85 gr) confectioners' sugar
  • 1 cup cake flour(*) see note below
  • 2 Tbsp (20 gr) matcha powder
  • few drops matcha/ green tea paste or add a few drop green color (optional) 
  • 1½ tsp cream of tartar
  • ½ tsp salt
  • 1 cup (230 gr) sugar ~ I use ½ cup (115 gr)
(*) I use 1 cup (142 gr) AP flour + ⅛ cup (20 gr) cornstarch


How to make:

1) Place egg whites in a large bowl and let stand at room temperature. I use leftover egg white, but if you use a fresh whole egg, you better separate the yolks from white while they are cold from the fridge, it's easier. Then let it sit to room temperature about 30 minutes. Pre heat oven at 375°F (180°C) and prepare ungreased 9" or 10" angel food/ chiffon cake pan. 

2) Sift together confectioners' sugar, matcha powder, and all flour. The original recipe asks to sift 3 times, but I did it once. Set aside.

3) Add cream of tartar and salt to egg whites; beat on medium speed until foamy. Gradually add sugar in 3 batches, beating on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved. If you use matcha paste or light green food color, add it before you turn off your mixer.


4) Sift in flour mixture gradually (about half cup at a time), and gently fold until well blended. Be careful not deflate the meringue.
Pour into an ungreased 10" tube pan. Gently shake the pan to level the surface, cut through batter with a knife or bang over working table to remove air pockets.

5) Bake on the lowest oven rack at 375°F (180°C) for 35-40 minutes or until lightly browned and entire top appears dry. I bake my cake at 170°C about 45 minutes. Insert a skewer in the middle of cake, when it comes out clean and dry your cake is done.
6) Remove from oven and immediately invert pan to cool the cake. You can put over soy sauce bottle or long shape jar fit with the pan's tube. 
After cake completely cool run a knife around side and center tube of pan. Use long and elastic rubber spatula to run around the bottom as well. Remove cake to a serving plate.

Enjoy it with your coffee or tea. 
Happy baking.






BAHASA INDONESIA

Assalamu'alaikum....

Kali ini postingannya edisi ngabisin stock sisa putih telur yang banyak banget. Angel Food cake atau angel cake sudah lama ada dalam bake waiting list saya, jadi untuk ngabisin left over putih telur di kulkas maka siang kemarin ceritanya nge-baking Angel Food cake ini.

Apa sih sebenarnya angel food cake itu? Biasa disebut angel cake juga, berasal dari Amerika adalah sejenis sponge cake juga yang terbuat dari putih telur tanpa mentega atau minyak. Konon karena tekstur nya yang "spongy" dan lembut serta warnanya yang putih bersih (karena terbuat dari putih telur saja), maka orang mengatakan "makanan para malikat" (^,^)

Tapi karena belakangan saya lagi demen baking dengan matcha, maka jadilah "angel food" kali ini bukan berwarna putih, tapi wangi dan hijau beraroma lezat dari green tea.

Resep dasar Angel Food Cake ini saya adaptasi dari Taste of Home dengan modifikasi menggunakan green tea (matcha powder).

Untuk loyang ukuran 9" atau 10 " 

Bahan-Bahan:

  • 1½ gelas (364 gr) putih telur (dari sekitar 10 telur) ~ Saya gunakan putel sisa
  • 1½ gelas (85 gr) gula bubuk
  • 1 gelas cake flour(*)
  • 2 sdm (20 gr) matcha/ green tea powder
  • beberapa tetes pasta matcha/ green tea atau pewarna hijau muda (optional)
  • 1½ sdt cream of tartar
  • ½ sdt garam
  • 1 gelas (230 gr) gula ~ saya pakai ½ cup (115 gr)
(*) saya gunakan 1 gelas (142 gr) terigu serba guna + ⅛ gelas (20 gr) pati jagung (mis; maizena)


Cara Membuat:

1) Taruh putel dalam mangkok mixer besar yang bersih (gunakan bahan kaca/ aluminium) dan biarkan hingga suhu ruang sekitar 30 menit.Panaskan oven pada suhu 180°C. 

2) Ayak jadi satu gula bubuk, matcha/ green tea bubuk, tepung terigu dan pati jagung. Ayak 3 kali dan sisihkan.

3) Tambahkan garam dan cream of tar tar ke dalam putih telur dan kocok kecepatan sedang hingga berbusa. Tambahkan gula pasir dalam 3 tahap dan kocok dengan kecepatan tinggi hingga kaku dan "glossy". Tambahkan juga pasta matcha atau pewarna hijau muda jika pakai. 
4) Tambahkan campuran tepung sambil diayak secara bertahap (sekitar ½ gelas tiap penambahan). Aduk balik/ aduk lipat hingga tercampur rata. Hati-hati untuk tidak membuat putih telur/ meringue "deflate" / kempes lagi.
Tuang ke loyang chiffon cake tanpa dioles apapun, goyang-goyang loyang untuk meratakan permukaan dan perlahan banting loyang ke meja untuk mengurangi air bubble atau udara dalam cake.

5) Panggang di rak oven paling bawah pada suhu 180°C sekitar 30~40 menit. atau sampai permukaannya terlihat kering dan kecoklatan.
Saya panggang cake dengan suhu 170°C sekitar 45 mnt. Cek juga dengan tusuk sate dibagian tengah cake.
6) Keluarkan dari oven dan langsung balik loyang (seperti mendinginkan chiffon cake) dan biarkan cake benar-benar dingin sebelum dilepas dari loyang.

Selamat mencoba. Happy baking (^,^)






loading...

5 comments:

  1. This looks so yummy! I am a baker myself and I'm looking for new recipes. This is definitely going on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks absolutely delicious.Thanks for sharing the recipe. Pining it for future reference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to try this just because I think it looks really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so yummy! Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have to try this! I became addicted to matcha tea latte this year

    xx
    lau
    www.malibluemymind.com

    ReplyDelete

Loving my blog? Please help me to share to your friends and tell to the world that my blog contents are valuable and interesting to visit. Subscribe or follow my Facebook, Tweeter, Pinterest or my instagram

My License

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License. www.myhomediaryinturkey.blogspot.com

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected